Our spring 2018 issue will focus on the changing/shifting landscape of Vancouver.
Deadline for submissions: February 15, 2018
subTerrain publishes original fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, essays, and commentary three times a year. Submissions must be previously unpublished material. (Note maximum number of submissions per issue below.)
Feel free to interpret our themes in unique and unusual ways.
All other regular submission guidelines still apply, as below.
The following are some general guidelines (as always, we suggest READING an issue of the magazine to see what we're all about).
Submissions must be previously unpublished and be:
1. typed, double-spaced on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
2. Fiction: a maximum of 3,000 words. (Max. 3 stories per issue)
3. Poetry: we no longer accept unsolicited poetry submissions (unless specifically related to one of our theme issues). Poetry should be single-spaced with stanza breaks. (Max. 5 poems per issue)
4. Creative Non-Fiction: a maximum of 4,000 words. (Max. 2 articles per issue)
5. Commentary (social or otherwise): a maximum of 4000 words. (Max. 2 articles per issue)
6. Photography & Illustration: we only accept solicited art and photography. Please forward us a link to your work;
7. Please do not send submissions via email; online submissions accepted through Submittable only (mailed submissions are still accepted as well.)
8. Please allow 6 months for a response, though we shall strive as always to respond sooner.
Payment rates for published submissions:
Poetry: $50 per poem
Prose: $50 per page
Electronic submissions come with a $3.00 submission fee to help cover our Submittable account and thereby allow us to continue accepting online submissions. If you choose to submit by traditional mail, you will not be charged the submission fee. Mailed submissions can be sent to the address below.
*If submitting by mail, please identify on the front of the envelope the theme issue to which you're submitting.
P.O. Box 3008, MPO
Vancouver, BC V6B 3X5